Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I thought I was too old for tests....

As some of you may or may not know I have been working toward my final social work license for the last couple years. I finally met my hours of services earlier this month and decided it was time to take the final exam. As the time for the exam approached I kept thinking "seriously, I am too old for this." I was quite quiet about the exam date so I didnt add any extra stress or anxiety. On Monday morning this week I drove myself to Omaha (parts of which I have never visited before) and arrived to the University of Omaha at 7:30 in the morning. I started my exam shortly after 8:30 and then the fun began. I was in the testing room alone and very distracted by the horrible wall color and akward chair (which had wheels and movable armrests, all got alot of use). The test was 170 questions, all multiple choice, and took me approximatley three hours. I found out immediately that I passed the test. As if that wasnt enough good news, when I returned to the car (which I parked in a one hour meter) I was without a ticket! So it is offical, I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or for those of you in Minnesota a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), the highest licensure I can hold with a master degree. It is a great feeling and I am extremely excited for what the future will bring.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Beth!!!!! WAy to GO!! We're soooo happy for you!! YEEEEHAWWWW! I hope JD bought you something awfully special for your accomplishment??!! HHMMMM??!! ;)

LadyP said...

Congrats, smarty pants!